Friday, November 20, 2009

When your doctor won't report a vaccine reaction...

When your doctor won't report a vaccine reaction...

you should know that Federal law requires doctors or other health care professionals who give vaccines to:

REPORT ADVERSE EVENTS (hospitalizations, injuries, and deaths) occurring within 30 days of vaccination, including convulsions, shock, paralysis and other serious events to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). The doctor or other health care provider that administered the vaccination is not supposed to make a judgment as to whether the adverse event that occurred following vaccination was caused by the vaccine or not caused by the vaccine. The law says it is the duty of all vaccine administrators to report the event to the federal government regardless of whether they believe the vaccine caused the event.

RECORD ADVERSE EVENTS following vaccination in a person's permanent medical record.

KEEP A PERMANENT RECORD of the date, manufacturer's name and lot number of all vaccines given.

PROVIDE INFORMATION on the vaccine benefits and risks BEFORE the vaccine is given either to the individual who will receive the vaccine or the parent or guardian of that individual.

If your doctor refuses to report a serious event which occurred following a vaccination given to you or your child within 30 days of vaccination to VAERS, you may:

* REPORT IT YOURSELF by calling 1-800-822-7967 to receive a government Vaccine Adverse Events Report form, download the form by linking to
or submit it online at
More information about VAERS can be found at and

* FILE A COMPLAINT OF PROFESSIONAL MISCONDUCT to your State Board of Medical Examiners.

* REPORT IT TO THE NATIONAL VACCINE INFORMATION CENTER, (NVIC), a national, non-profit, educational organization founded in 1982 and dedicated to preventing vaccine injuries and deaths through public education. By reporting to NVIC, they can better monitor the effectiveness of the government's Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System and gather important data on vaccine reactions for analysis that the government and vaccine manufacturers do not do. Call (703)-938-DPT3 and ask for an NVIC Vaccine Adverse Event Registry questionnaire to be sent to you. You may also report a vaccine reaction to NVIC by accessing their web site at

No comments:

Post a Comment