Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dozen more reactions but one man is told it's an "anxiety attack"

Within a minute I start feeling some strange feelings in my stomach," said Popovich. "As soon as I sat down I started to sweat like tears on the side of my head. The next thing I know my throat starts getting horsed and I'm talking like this and I put my hand to my throat and I go oh my I God."

He says it felt like he was blacking out when a pharmacist gave him a shot of adrenaline to his leg. He was taken by ambulance to Kuakini Hospital. Two days later an allergist concluded he may have suffered from an anxiety attack.

"It's hard to believe it's just anxiety," said Popovich. "She just can't explain why I got the throat feeling the closing and the horsed voice."

Monday paramedics were called to Sacred Hearts Academy after a dozen people complained of similar symptoms after receiving the the H1N1 vaccine.

click title for full story

No comments:

Post a Comment