Wednesday, October 28, 2009

2 yrs ago - Brother gets GBS from flu shot


tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
reply to 51200853
I read one story from the UK that said 60% of the doctors wouldn't get it. When the story broke about NY state requiring healthcare workers to get the shot or be fired the local talk show talked about it. Every healthcare worker who called in said they are not getting it. I just went to the doctors last week. Everyone I asked there will not get it. All are concerned about the safety. Most say it was rushed to market and don't trust all the hype. I've read that swine flu mutates rather fast, so how effective can the shot be?

The one and only time I got a flu shot was in 1976 during the last swine flu hysteria. If you read up about it, it was a debacle, killing more people than the flu would have. I was in bed sick for three days and have never been that sick since. Two years ago my brother got his first flu shot and came down with Guillain-Barré syndrome. I never heard of it before, it seems they try to keep it quiet. If more people knew that this is one of the side effects, I bet a lot more people would stop getting the flu shot. They try to say it's rare, but there were at least a dozen cases of it just in my brothers hospital alone. After seeing what it did to him, few of my relatives get flu shots anymore.
--
RIP my babys Buttons 1/15/94-2/9/07 & Beamer 7/24/08, Buttons, Buttons video, Beamer

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23143865-Any-doctors-in-the-house-Is-N1H1-vacinne-safe

No comments:

Post a Comment